The Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery, King’s College London is seeking to appoint an external examiner for our new MSc Implementation and Improvement Science programme.
The programme has been created jointly by researchers at King’s College London and St George’s, University of London and is part-funded by the National Institute for Health Research Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care (NIHR CLAHRC) South London. We are looking for staff we expertise in one or more of the following; policy, leadership, quality and safety and implementation and improvement science.
We would welcome expressions of interest from senior academics committed to developing the quality of teaching, learning and assessment.
The Role of External Examiner is to assure the quality of awards with respect to national standards. Key duties include:
- Advising boards of examiners on the content and standard of assessment
- Moderating samples of exam scripts and other assessed materials
- Attending boards of examiners to approve pass lists and degree classifications
- Advising on academic misconduct and appeal cases
- Submitting an annual report to the College Principal
An annual payment will be made on receipt of the annual report and expenses incurred when visiting the Faculty at our campus in central London will be met in full.
The Faculty requests that the successful candidate take up the post as soon as possible.
To express an interest, please send a copy of your cv