The Faculty of Education, Health and Community is seeking to appoint an external examiner for the BA Hons Health and Social Care for Individuals, Families and Communities programme.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. The appointment will be taking effect as soon as possible and tenure will normally be for a period of four years. The Academic Boards are all held on the University’s City Campus in Tithebarn Street.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- Be employed in Higher Education
- Have previous External Examiner experience
- Moderate samples of essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising the programme teams on the content and standard of assessments
- Submit module reports and a yearly programme report
- Liaise with other external examiners at LJMU
- Attend a minimum of two Academic Boards yearly
- Review the modules in preparation for validation events
- Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about this appointment.
If you are interested in this post please send your expression of interest, together with your current CV, to:
Ceri Anwen Jones
Senior Lecturer / Programme Leader BA Hons Health and Social Care for Individuals, Families and Communities
LJMU – Faculty of Education, Health and Community
0151 231 4006