We are seeking to a replacement external examiner for the next academic year for the Foundation Degree (Science) in Health and Social Care Practice. The University of Brighton offers extensive support for external examiners and holds workshops annually. Further support is also provided by the Course leader and module team. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination boards per year.
Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
- The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of examinations undertaken;
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
- He/she must not have been a University of Brighton examiner within the last five years;
- He/she will have a recognised Healthcare qualification, either a Nurse (Nursing and Midwifery Council) registered or Allied
- Health Professions will be considered, (Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered).
One External Examiner is required for the full-time, 2 year, Foundation Degree (Science) in Health and Social Care Practice.
The role would involve being an external examiner across a range of Year 1 and 2 modules, working alongside the current external examiner.
Commencement date September 2016 for a period of 4 years
For an informal discussion, or further details please contact the following:
Course leader – Julian Seal, email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 01273 641170
Please forward your curriculum vitae to Nicky Pont, N.Pont@brighton.ac.uk, with the title of the course in the subject line.
Further information about the School of Health Sciences may be found on the University website at www.brighton.ac.uk