The College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare is seeking to appoint an external examiner for our Higher Apprenticeship, Nursing Associate/Foundation Degree (Fd/Sc) Nursing Associate course.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers in nursing. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. Tenure will normally be for a period of four years.
There are 2 intakes per year for the Nurse Associate Course, split across two campuses. The assessment boards are all held on our Brentford campus. You will be joining a team of external examiners.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
• Have current registration with the NMC
• Be employed in Higher Education
• Scrutinize samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising module assessment boards on the content and standard of assessments.
• Attend a minimum of 2 assessment boards a year.
• Attend the annual Field Reviews.
• Undertake an annual visit to practice, to meet with students and mentors.
• Review new modules in preparation for validation events.
• Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
• Submit an annual report to the University Quality Boards.
If you have not been an external examiner before, a mentor would be appointed for you. You would be part of a team of external examiners for the Pre-registration nursing courses here at the University. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. If you are interested in the above post please send your expressions of interest, together with a full CV, in the first instance to:
Senior Lecturer, Academic Quality Lead
College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare
University of West London
0208 209 4118