An External Examiner is required for the BSc (Hons) Health Studies at Plymouth University. This programme is based within the Faculty of Health and Human Sciences, and is a CPD programme for undergraduates. It is a ‘step-on’, ‘step-off’ degree with a range of modules; over 100 of these modules are delivered in partnership with our local NHS Trusts. This position therefore does require the External Examiner to have the appropriate experience and background.
We need the external to be able to review a variety of clinical and web-based learning modules. We will also need the external to have a degree of flexibility as modules can come and go within the programme.
The appointment will be for 4 years and the commitment required is as follows:
• Currently two assessment panels a year (usually June & November) and the submission of external examiner reports
• To review a range of coursework throughout the year
• To attend one assessment event per year if appropriate (for example, OSCE or oral presentation)
• To engage in communication with the programme team
• To carry out at least one interim engagement per year (which may take the form of a ‘virtual’ visit by video conference/Skype in recognition of the logistical difficulties presented by Plymouth’s geographical location) and at least one face to face visit during the term of office to obtain feedback from staff and to strengthen their engagement with the ongoing teaching and learning process
If you would like to be considered for this, please submit a CV by email to Annette Hill email@example.com by Monday 30th November 2015 or for further information, email Adele Kane firstname.lastname@example.org