De Montfort University is seeking an external examiner for the Bsc Nursing with NMC registration programme, Mental Health Field of practice. The position will start with immediate effect and will be for four years.
The External Examiner will support a range of our nursing modules within the programme. The successful applicant will be required to monitor the quality of course work across a range of modules at levels 4, 5 and 6. The external examiner will be required to contribute to the quality monitoring processes of modules within the programme and to undertake external assessment of assessed work. Opportunities will be provided to meet with members of the programme team and students within the University and in clinical practice. External examiners are also required to provide comments on proposed modifications and developments in new modules within their area of expertise, training and support will be provided.
- Skills and Evidence for Professional Practice
- Foundations of Nursing Practice
- Promotion of Health and Well Being
- Holistic Nursing Interventions
- Analysing Evidence for Healthcare
- Contemporary issues in Health
- Complex Care Needs
- Responding to Altered Health Needs
- Working in Partnership with Service Users and Carers
- Transition to Professional Practice