The University of Wolverhampton are seeking to appoint an External Examiner for our pre-registration nursing courses within the Institute of Health Professions, Faculty of Education Health and Wellbeing. The University of Wolverhampton is a significant provider of nurse education in the UK, covering Adult, Child, Learning Disability and Mental Health nursing.
The external examiner will be expected to monitor the quality of the coursework for the BNurs (Hons) and the Integrated MNurs (Hons) for Adult Nursing across the following modules:
• 5HW025 – Frameworks for Professional Practice
• 5NH005 – Exploring Evidence Based Practice in Nursing
• 5NH004 – Caring for a Person with a Long Term Condition
• 5NH008 – Assessment and Delivery of Person Centred Care
• 5NH006 – Developing Skills for Practice in Diverse Health Care Settings
• 5NH009 – Caring for People of different Ages with Complex Health Care Needs
• 5NH012 – Research Methods
The successfully applicants will be required to contribute to our module exam boards, meet with students and visit practice areas during the tenure, in order to provide feedback for our quality monitoring processes. We are seeking candidates whose areas of expertise would enable him or her to monitor the quality of these programmes and externally moderate assessed work. External examiners are required to attend at least one assessment board per year and complete an annual report. External examiners are also required to provide comments on proposed modifications and the development of new modules within their area of expertise. We will provide comprehensive training and support for the post. We would welcome applicants who have had experience of NMC or QAA reviewing.
If you are interested in these external examiner posts, please send expressions of interest, together with a full academic Curriculum Vitae. Ref No: 11/02/2016JH