The Department of Nursing, Midwifery and Health is seeking to appoint a new External Examiner for the following programmes
- Pre-Registration BSc (Hons) Nursing Science/Registered Nurse (Adult).
- Pre-Registration MSc (Hons) Nursing Science/Registered Nurse (Adult).
This covers the following Level 5, 6 & 7 modules:
- AA0512 Perspectives of Complex Care in Adult Nursing
- NS0526 Nursing Skills 4: Enhancing Clinical Skills for Complex Care
- AC6735 Return to Practice (Adult Nursing)
- AA0713 Applied Life Science for Adult Nursing
- AA0715 Assessing and Planning for Complex On-Going Needs in Adult Nursing
- NS0719 Nursing Practice Module 1: Becoming a Safe, Caring Professional (Shared Cross Field Module: Adult, Child, Mental Health & Learning Disability Nursing)
The external examiner will be responsible for contributing to the quality assurance of these programmes. You will be involved in the approval of assessment tasks, moderation of student work, completion of an annual report and will be invited to attend examination boards. You may be asked to provide comments on proposed modifications and the development of new modules.
Applicants should hold appropriate professional registration and academic qualifications. It is preferable to have previous experience of external examining although support and guidance can be provided for those new to this role. Full course details and documentation will be provided to the appointee on appointment.
The appointment will take effect from 1st August 2021 and will be for a four-year term.
If you would like further information regarding this post, please contact:
- Julie Alderson – Programme Lead, Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in applying, please forward your C.V. to Julie Alderson at the above email address by 26 March 2021.