Your role and responsibilities would include:
• confirming the comparability of standards of student performance at Sheffield Hallam University with those of similar modules at other UK Institutions of Higher Education;
• confirming that the assessment process in its entirety is sound, and has been fairly conducted with full regard to justice to students;
• Reporting and advising on the above by means of approving coursework and examination papers and providing an annual report to the University.
You should have appropriate expertise and experience to be able to undertake a role in the assurance of academic standards in Higher Education.
The University requires that external examiners have qualifications at least equal to the programme being examined, therefore must have:
• A Master’s degree and expertise within Advanced Practice, preferably in Advanced Clinical Practice
• Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
• He/she will have a recognised Healthcare qualification, for example, as a Nurse (Nursing and Midwifery Council) or Allied Health
• Professional (Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered).
The appointees will be required to moderate a sample of scripts in relation to selected modules (Including Non-medical prescribing level 7) within the above programme.
You will also be required to produce an annual report and attend Assessment Boards as appropriate.
You will also be required to attend a one day University External Examiners Induction session
Your CV should contain the following information:
• Current and recent employment history
• HE and Professional Qualifications
• Current and previous external examiner engagements
• Experience of course/module leader roles
• Teaching experience
• Research and related Scholarly/ Professional Activity/ Consultancy
All appointments are subject to verification of eligibility to work in the UK.