This is a module that is offered at level6/7 and non-credit bearing. It is anticipated that in 2018 there will be changes to the role of Mentor in nursing and the appointed external examiner will participate in our response to these changes.
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. The appointment will be with effect from September 2017, and will be for a minimum period of four years.
The Role of External Examiner is to assure the quality of awards with respect to national standards. Key duties include:
• Advising module assessment boards on the content and standard of assessments
• Moderating samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials
• Attending module assessment boards to approve pass lists and degree classifications
• Advising on academic misconduct and appeal cases
• Submitting an annual report to the University Quality Boards
Interested individuals should send their expressions of interest together with a full academic Curriculum Vitae in the first instance to:
Academic Quality Lead
0208 209 4118