An experienced external examiner is required for our pre-registration MA Social Work programme which is based within the Faculty of Health and Human Sciences. We require someone with previous external examiner experience and a professional qualification in social work, and who is registered with the HCPC. Ideally the candidate will have relevant academic experience in social work education, with a preference at Masters level and experience as a subject or programme management in social work.
- The appointment will be for 4 years from August 2016 and the commitment required is a follows:
- To review a range of coursework throughout the year
- Submission of external examiner report as required for Subject Assessment Panels and Award Boards.
- To engage in communication with the programme team
- To carry out at least one interim engagement per year (which may take the form of a ‘virtual’ visit by video conference/Skype in recognition of the logistical difficulties presented by Plymouth’s geographical location) and at least one face to face visit during the term of office to obtain feedback from staff and to strengthen their engagement with the ongoing teaching and learning process
If you would like to be considered for this, please submit a CV by email to Annette Hill firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 March 2016, or for further information email Clare Colton, Programme Lead email@example.com