The University of Northampton looking for a dedicated individual to undertake the role of External Examiner for our BSc (Hons) Pre-registration Nursing programme (Mental health)
The role & responsibilities include:
- confirming the comparability of standards of student performance with those of similar modules at other UK Institutions of Higher Education;
- confirming that the assessment process in its entirety is sound, and has been fairly conducted with full regard to justice to students;
- Providing an annual report to the University
- Attending assessment boards.
- Reviewing a range of modules within the Pre-registration nursing Mental Health specific programme and within the wider nursing Programme.
You should have appropriate expertise and experience to be able to undertake a role in the quality assurance of academic standards in Higher Education (ideally a Programme Leader or Senior Lecturer on similar programmes) and should hold NMC registration in Mental Health nursing.
All External Examiners for programmes leading to registration or recordable qualifications with the Nursing and Midwifery Council will be expected to maintain their registration to the NMC professional register for the duration of their engagement. Previous experience as an External Examiner is strongly preferred.
The appointment will be for the four academic years 2021 to 2025, from October 2021
Please note that we cannot currently accept applications from staff at the following institutions: University of Manchester, University of Essex, Birmingham City
Closing date: 31st July 2021
If you are interested in applying for this role (or to request further information), please send a recent CV to Iain Schrantz Senior Lecturer Mental Health Nursing & Practice Development Iain.Schrantz@northampton.ac.uk