An External Examiner is required for Years 3 & 4 of the Bachelor of Nursing (Hons) Degree programme at Nursing & Health Care, University of Glasgow. The Nursing & Health Care School is part of the School of Medicine, within the College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences. For further information regarding the College, please see our website.
We offer an Honours Degree (4 years) leading to Registration in Nursing. Our students have rated the School as the Best in the UK in 5 of the past 6 years and our graduates are highly valued and have excellent employment prospects. We have access to excellent facilities and a wide range of world renowned experts in their subjects. The integration of a strong science component, integrated with caring and leadership skills, is a unique feature of our undergraduate programme. We have excellent relationships with clinical staff across NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde where students have clinical placements.
The appointment will be for 4 years from October 2016 to cover the following courses:
• Nursing 3/3H
• Research Methods 3/3H
• Advancing Clinical Skills 3/3H
• Practice Learning 3/3H
• Clinical Consolidation Practice 3
and the commitment required is a follows:
• To engage in communication with the UG programme team
• To review a range of coursework throughout the year
• Attendance at the main Examination Board in June and the submission of the External Examiner report
• Examination Board duties involve meetings with Placement Learning Experience mentors and visit to a placement which take place on the day of exam board. These duties are shared among External Examiners for this programme.