An External Examiner is required for Years 1 & 2 of the Bachelor of Nursing (Hons) Degree programme at Nursing & Health Care, University of Glasgow. The Nursing & Health Care School is part of the School of Medicine, within the College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences. For further information regarding the College, please visit www.gla.ac.uk/colleges/mvls.
We offer an Honours Degree (4 years) leading to Registration in Nursing. Our students have rated the School as the Best in the UK in 4 of the past 5 years and our graduates are highly valued and have excellent employment prospects. We have access to excellent facilities and a wide range of world renowned experts in their subjects. The integration of a strong science component, integrated with caring and leadership skills is a unique feature of our undergraduate programme. We have excellent relationships with clinical staff across NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde where students have clinical placements.
The appointment will be for 4 years from October 2014 to cover the following courses:
• Health Studies & Nursing 1
• Practice Learning Experience 1
• Nursing & Health Studies 2
• Practice Learning Experience 2
and the commitment required is a follows:
• To engage in communication with the UG programme team
• To review of a range of coursework throughout the year
• Attendance at Examination Board/s and the submission of the External Examiner report
• Examination Board duties involve meetings with Placement Learning Experience mentors and visit to a placement which take place on the day of exam board. These duties are shared among External Examiners for this programme.
For further information, please contact Deirdre Moriarty (Deirdre.email@example.com; Tel: 0141 330 3902
If you wish to be considered for this, please submit a CV by email to Carol Ryder (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 11th July 2014