An External Examiner is required to look at Advancing Practice CPD modules which feed in to the BSc (Hons) Professional Development in Health and Social Care programme at Level 6 and the MSc Advanced Professional Practice (Nursing and Midwifery Professions) programme at Level 7. These programmes are based within the Faculty of Health and Human Sciences and are ‘step-on’, ‘step-off’ with a range of modules; over 100 of these modules are delivered in partnership with our local NHS Trusts.
We are looking for an individual with an Advancing Practice background, current NMC registration and the appropriate experience and interest to review a variety of clinical and web-based learning modules. Within our programmes, we offer advancing/integrated practice modules that are designed to enable a range of students to build a CPD pathway that reflects their area of practice/career. The individual will need to have a degree of flexibility as modules can come and go within the programme.
The appointment will be for 4 years from August 2017 and the commitment required is as follows:
- Currently three assessment panels a year (March, June, and November) and the submission of external examiner reports
- To review a range of coursework throughout the year
- To attend one assessment event per year if appropriate (for example, OSCE or oral presentation)
- To engage in communication with the programme team
- To carry out at least one interim engagement per year (which may take the form of a ‘virtual’ visit by video conference/Skype in recognition of the logistical difficulties presented by Plymouth’s geographical location) and at least one face to face visit during the term of office to obtain feedback from staff and to strengthen their engagement with the ongoing teaching and learning process.