The University of Worcester is looking for an external examiner for the Department of Nursing FdSc two-year Nursing Associate programme. We have been delivering the Nursing Associate programme since April 2017 and since October 2019 have been delivering our NMC approved programme, which is available through both the UCAS and the apprenticeship route.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced academic staff who have an interest and suitable experience related to Nursing Associate programmes. The successful applicant must have experience in delivery of the apprenticeship route into the Nursing Associate programme and be aware of the requirements of the new fully integrated End Point Assessment (EPA) which is a mandatory requirement of the apprenticeship framework. Applicants must be registered with the NMC.
The University of Worcester offers support for external examiners and a full induction day. Further support is also provided by the Course Lead and module teams.
The successful applicant would be appointed with effect from September 2021, for a term of four academic years and would be invited to a staff induction day in January 2022.
The post holder will be required to: –
- Review and approve coursework assignments
- Quality assure the standards of student performance
- Review proposed course changes and claims for recognition of prior learning
- Meet with students and practice partners
- Confirm the examination / assessment process is fair and just
- Attend the Board of Examiners
- Provide an annual report to the University of Worcester
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
- The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of assessment undertaken.
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment.
- He/she must not have been a University of Worcester examiner within the last five years.
Applications are by submission of CV.
Informal enquires and applications can be made by contacting Linda Bale, Course Lead at: firstname.lastname@example.org