We are seeking to appoint an External Examiner for the FdSc Health and Social Care programme. This programme is based within the School of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Health Education and Life Sciences. This post also includes the FdSc Health and Social Care (Acute Care) – collaborative programme at Gloucestershire College. The position does require the external examiner to have a current registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council.
The appointment will commence immediately, the tenure of appointment is for a period of four years. All External Examiner appointments are subject to approval by the University Academic Board.
- Comment on the content of the subject area particularly with regard to subject benchmarks
- Examine assessment briefs, exam papers and student work to ensure academic standards and achievements of students are comparable with those in other UK higher education establishments of which the external examiner has experience
- Provide informative comment and recommendations on whether the assessment process measures student achievement rigorously and fairly against the intended outcomes of the programme/s and is conducted in line with the relevant policies and regulations
- Attend examination board/s and submit an annual report
- Engage in communication with the academic and programme team
Please note that External Examiners are required to engage with assessment of both theory and practice elements of the programme where relevant. Previous experience as an External Examiner is not necessary as the University is able to provide mentorship to the successful applicants.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply here https://jobs.bcu.ac.uk/vacancy.aspx?ref=122016-567. Please include the programme title in the additional info section of the application form.
For further information about the role please either telephone or email Janet Ebanks, email@example.com, 0121 202 427