The College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare at the University of West London, is seeking to appoint an external examiner for following courses:
- Foundation Degree Working with Children and Young People
- BA (Hons) Working in Integrated Services with Children and Young People – one year top-up course.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers in a field related to working with children. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. The appointment will be with effect from September 2019, and tenure will normally be for a period of four years.
There is one intake per year of approximately 40 students across the Collaborative Partner Colleges. There are three assessment boards a year are all held on our Brentford campus.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- Be employed in Higher Education
- Moderate samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising module assessment boards on the content and standard of assessments.
- Attend a minimum of 2 assessment boards a year.
- Review new modules in preparation for validation events.
- Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
- Submit an annual report to the University Quality Boards.
If you have not been an external examiner before, a mentor would be appointed for you. You would be part of a team of external examiners for the Collaborative courses here at the University. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. If you are interested in the above post please send your expressions of interest, together with a full CV, in the first instance to:
Senior Lecturer, Academic Quality Lead
College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare
University of West London
0208 209 4118