As external examiner for these programmes you will be required to look at modules which form part of the Foundation Degree Birth and Beyond (levels 4&5) and those which lead to a top up degree Birth and Beyond (level 6).
These programmes are based within the Institute of Health and Society, but are solely delivered by NCT educators both at the University of Worcester and around the UK at regional teaching centres.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for education and the health and well-being of parents-to-be and new parents. An understanding of the ethos and principles of the NCT as the largest UK-based parenting charity would be an advantage.
The appointment would be for four years from September 2017 and the commitment required is as follows:
• Review a range of assessment work throughout the year
• Attend an assessment event per year if appropriate and possible (for example, student presentations)
• Communicate with the NCT Education Manager about all issues to do with the role
• Attend two examination boards per year, February and July
• Submit to the University an external examiner report at the close of the academic year
• Attend the External Examiner Induction Day at the University of Worcester
• Attend any other meeting with staff or students that may be desirable
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit a CV by 15th September 2017.