External Examiners are typically placed on the Edge Hill University External Examiners Register for a period of four years. Principle duties normally include;
- Visit the University at the least once a year to moderate assessed coursework and examination scripts
- Attend module assessment boards
- Produce an Annual Report=
- Review and approve examination papers that contribute to a student’s final award, and any other assessment material as agreed
- External Examiners are also invited to engage with students in practice
- He/she will have a recognised Paramedic qualification, be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council and desirably experience of Higher Education quality processes.
If you would like to discuss specific information relating to the programme, please contact:
Paramedic Practice – Kevin Armstrong (Senior Lecturer/Programme Leader), 01695 657323, email@example.com
Fees and Expenses are payable in line with the University policy. Admission to the University’s External Examiners Register is on the basis of satisfactory completion of the University’s Committee and Personnel approval processes, including Right to Work and Reciprocity Checks. Prospective External Examiners are encouraged to send an expression of interest and CV to Susan Wilde, Quality Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) citing the programme title and/or vacancy reference.
Your data will be held and not processed for any purpose other than that for which it has been obtained, in accordance with current Data Protection Legislation until this recruitment process has concluded. Should you be unsuccessful in your application your data will be destroyed securely. For more information, our Privacy Notice is available at https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/externalexaminers/