The College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare is seeking to appoint an external examiner for the following modules on the BSc/MSc Professional Practice:
- History Taking and Physical Assessment L6/ Advanced History Taking and Physical Examination with Clinical Reasoning L7
- Introduction to Care of the Critically Ill Adult L 6&7
- Adult Emergency Care L 6&7
- Delivering Contemporary Intensive Care L 6&7
- Clinical Innovation and Contextual Decision Making in Intensive Care Practice L 6&7
- Early Recognition of the Deteriorating Patient L 6&7
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers in nursing, with an active interest/expertise in acute and critical care education for post qualified heath care professionals. Interested applicants should preferably have had experience of external examining in at least one other Higher Education Institution. The appointment will be with effect from September 2018 and tenure will normally be for a period of four years.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- Have current registration with the NMC
- Be employed in Higher Education, and have experience teaching and assessing at levels 6 and 7.
- Moderate samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising module assessment boards on the content and standard of assessments.
- Attend a minimum of 2 assessment boards a year, which are held on our Brentford campus.
- Attend the Annual Field Reviews.
- Review new modules in preparation for validation events.
- Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
- Submitting an annual report to the University Quality Boards.
You would be part of a team of external examiners. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. If you are interested in the above post please send your expression of interest, together with a full CV, to:
Academic Quality Lead
0208 209 4118