The University of Manchester, Division of Nursing, Midwifery & Social Work is seeking to appoint two or three external examiners with immediate effect.
CPD; BSc Nursing/Midwifery Practice (Hons) Programme and Standalone Level 7 course units.
MSc Advanced Practice and Leadership
External examiners are required for the subject areas below currently available at level 6, and are either available or are being developed for delivery at level 7.
Applications are invited from candidates who can examine two or more of the following subject areas;
1. Core Units
- Principles of Infection Prevention and Control
- Management of an Infection Prevention and Control Service
- Independent Study
- Research Dissertation
2. Critical and Surgical Care
- Foundations of Ophthalmic Care
- Theory and Practice of Ophthalmic Care & Management
- Renal Nursing
3. Pain Management
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. User guides and support will be available. The University appointments for external examiners are normally for a period of 4 years.
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years
- Current registration with the NMC including a recordable teaching qualification
- Master’s Degree in an area related to one of the above subject areas
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas
- Research and publications in related area
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s Guidance for External Examiners.
Interested candidates should detail their experience in teaching and assessing in the applicable subjects.
Expressions of interest, by CV should be sent to Katie.Gray@manchester.ac.uk by the 28th October 2016.