The School of Health & Human Sciences at the University of Essex is seeking to appoint an external examiner for our Continuing Professional Development courses. These courses form part of our wider CPD provision within the School and feed into a range of our flexible undergraduate and postgraduate pathways. All modules and programmes are multi-disciplinary in nature. This position would be suitable for someone with a health and social care background and qualifications and experience in nursing OR allied health OR social work professions.
- PG Cert/ PG Dip/ MSc Health Care Practice (don’t need to include the other HCP routes as these have been discontinued and have no students)
- PG Cert/ PG Dip/ MSc Health Care Management (only 6 students remaining, to be discontinued once MA Professional Practice changes have been approved)
- PG Cert/ PG Dip/ MA Professional Practice
- PG Cert/ PG Dip/ MA Professional Practice (Leadership)
- PG Cert/ PG Dip/ MA Professional Practice (Education)
- Work based learning: level 6 HS621, 626, 627, level 7 HS909
- Developing professional Practice: HS611, levels 6 and 7
- Leadership in Health and Social Care: HS640, levels 6 and 7
- Applying and Using Learning in Practice: levels 4-7 HS619 and HS620
- Legal and Ethical issues: HS501, levels 6 and 7 (although not running this year).
The current External Examiner for these courses completed their period of office in November 2016.
Whilst applications from experienced External Examiners would be preferred anyone with appropriate educational and professional experience would be considered.
The appointment will be for four years from December 2016 and the commitment required is as follows:
- Two examination Boards per year (usually June and November) and the submission of annual External Examiner’s Report.
- To review coursework throughout the year
- Engage with the programme team in the continuous development of the programmes