Due to an unexpected resignation, we are seeking a replacement external examiner for the academic year 2020/21 for the Cardiac Care pathway in the BSc (Hons) Clinical Practice/Graduate and Post Graduate Certificate Clinical Practice courses.
The University of Brighton offers extensive support for external examiners and holds workshops annually. Further support is also provided by the course leads and the Continuing and Postgraduate Education Academic Programme lead. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination board per year.
Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
- The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of examinations undertaken;
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
- He/she must not have been a University of Brighton examiner within the last five years.
One External Examiner is required for:
- BSc (Hons) Clinical Practice/Graduate Certificate and Post Graduate Certificate Clinical Practice – Cardiac Care modules
For an informal discussion, please contact the following:
- Cardiac Care Pathway lead, Emma Menzies-Gow, E.Menzies-Gow@brighton.ac.uk
- Graduate Certificate/Post Graduate Certificate Clinical Practice Course Leader, Dr Susanne Simmons, S.J.Simmons@brighton.ac.uk
Please forward your curriculum vitae to Nicky Pont N.Pont@brighton.ac.uk with the title of the course in the subject line. Following the closing date, expressions of interest will be considered and you will be informed of whether you have been nominated by 5.2.21
Commencement date immediately for a period of 4 years
Further information may be found on the University website at www.brighton.ac.uk/cpdhealth