We are seeking an additional external examiner for the academic year 2019/20 for the BSc Hons Paramedic Science course. The University of Brighton offers extensive support for external examiners and holds workshops annually. Further support is also provided by the course leads and the Community Health Academic lead. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination board per year.
Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
- The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of examinations undertaken
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment
- He/she must not have been a University of Brighton examiner within the last five years
- He/she will be a registered paramedic with internal and external examining experience
One External Examiner is required to work alongside our existing External Examiner for the mandatory level 4, 5 and 6 modules of the programme. 80 credits of each year are gained from theory modules and 40 credits for practice. A range of assessment strategies are employed across the modules including essays, examinations and OSCE.
Commencement date as soon as possible for a period of 4 years
For an informal discussion, please contact the following:
- BSc Hons Paramedic Science Course Lead – Ken Street, K.I.Street@brighton.ac.uk, 01273 644752
Please forward your curriculum vitae to Nicky Pont, N.Pont@brighton.ac.uk, with the title of the course in the subject line. Following the closing date, expressions of interest will be considered and you will normally be informed of the outcome within 2 weeks of that date.
Further information may be found on the University website at https://www.brighton.ac.uk/courses/study/paramedic-science-bsc-hons.aspx