Edge Hill University, Faculty of Health & Social Care is seeking to engage an External Examiner for the following Programme with effect from October 2019:
- Vacancy ref: PRE 65
- Programme: BSc (Hons) Operating Department Practice
External Examiners are typically placed on the Edge Hill University External Examiners Register for a period of four years. Principle duties normally include;
- Visit the University at the least once a year to moderate assessed coursework and examination scripts
- Attend module assessment boards
- Produce an Annual Report
- Review and approve examination papers that contribute to a student’s final award, and any other assessment material as agreed
- External Examiners are also invited to engage with students in practice
He/she will have extensive experience working as a perioperative practitioner in the operating department setting and hold professional registration with either the NMC or HCPC.
If you would like to discuss specific information relating to the programme, please contact:
- Andy Kirk (Associate Head – Allied Health Professions), 01695 65 7683, Andrew.email@example.com
Fees and Expenses are payable in line with the University policy. Admission to the University’s External Examiners Register is on the basis of satisfactory completion of the University’s Committee and Personnel approval processes, including Right to Work and Reciprocity Checks. Prospective External Examiners are encouraged to send an expression of interest and CV to Laura Makin, Quality Assurance Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) citing the programme title and/or vacancy reference.
Your data will be held and not processed for any purpose other than that for which it has been obtained, in accordance with current Data Protection Legislation until this recruitment process has concluded.