We are seeking to replace an external examiner from the forthcoming academic year (2020/2021) for the BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult) course. The University of Brighton offers extensive support for external examiners and holds annual workshops. Further support is also provided by the course lead and the Nursing Academic Programme lead. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination board per year.
Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
- The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of examinations undertaken;
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
- He/she must not have been a University of Brighton examiner within the last five years;
- He/she will have a recognised Nursing qualification, and be Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) registered.
- He/she will have extensive adult nursing experience
One External Examiner is required for the full-time, 3-year, pre-registration BSc (Hons) Nursing course.
The role would involve being an external examiner across a range of Year 1, 2 and 3 modules, working alongside the current external examiners.
Commencement date 1st October 2020 for a period of 4 years
For an informal discussion, please contact any one of the following:
- Course lead – Wendy Hadley, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01273 644176
- Nursing Academic Programme lead – Nita Muir: email@example.com, 01273 644075
Please forward your curriculum vitae to Nicky Pont, N.Pont@brighton.ac.uk, with the title of the course in the subject line.
Further information about the School of Health Sciences may be found on the University website at