Our BSc (Hons) Midwifery Studies Course is a full time three year degree course. An external examiner is now being sought due to the end of the previous post holder’s tenure.
The post holder will examine Intermediate and Honours level modules (alternating annually between the 2 levels). Written assessments are submitted electronically via Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. User guides and support will be made available.
External Examiners will be appointed for an initial term of office of up to four years and will receive an induction pack when they are first appointed. They will be invited to an external examiner induction event.
- Appropriate and current standing, expertise and experience to maintain comparability of standards across the Higher Education sector.
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Huddersfield in the last 5 years
- Current registration as a midwife with the NMC including a recordable teaching qualification; current recent active involvement in research/scholarly/professional activities within midwifery.
- Masters Degree in an area related to one of the above subject areas
- Demonstrable teaching experience in the above subject areas
- An External Examiner should not currently hold more than the equivalent of two substantial undergraduate External Examiner appointments
- Research and publications in related area
- Recent external examiner experience
Start date 17th September 2018.
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Huddersfield External Examiner Guidelines:
Further information and/or expressions of interest, by CV from suitably qualified and experienced colleagues, detailing experience of teaching experience, should be sent to Jayne Samples (course leader) 01484 473522