The College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare at the University of West London is seeking to appoint an external examiner for the following course:
BSc Public Health and Health Promotion with one year Foundation Degree
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- Be employed in Higher Education
- Scrutinize samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising module assessment boards on the content and standard of assessments.
- Attend a minimum of 2 assessment boards a year. The assessment boards are all held on our Brentford campus.
- Attend the Annual Field Reviews.
- Review new modules in preparation for validation events.
- Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
- Submit an annual report to the University Quality Boards.
The external examiner will be supporting our academic partner institution the London School of Science and Technology who also run the above course.
If you have not been an external examiner before, a mentor would be appointed for you. For candidates new to external examining, attendance at the Professional development course for External Examiner organised by HE Advance (formerly known as the Higher Education Academy) is an advantage.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. If you are interested in the above post please send your expressions of interest, together with a full CV, in the first instance to:
Senior Lecturer, Academic Quality Lead
College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare
University of West London
0208 209 4118