The College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare is seeking to appoint an external examiner for the following courses:
BSc Public Health and Health Promotion
MSc Public Health and Wellbeing
BSc Professional Practice – one optional module
MSc Integrated Health and Social Care (International) – one optional module
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
• Be employed in Higher Education
• Scrutinize samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising module assessment boards on the content and standard of assessments.
• Attend a minimum of 2 assessment boards a year. The assessment boards are all held on our Brentford campus.
• Attend the annual Field Reviews.
• Review new modules in preparation for validation events.
• Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
• Submit an annual report to the University Quality Boards.
If you have not been an external examiner before, a mentor would be appointed for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. If you are interested in the above post please send your expressions of interest, together with a full CV, in the first instance to:
Senior Lecturer, Academic Quality Lead
College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare
University of West London
0208 209 4118