We are seeking to appoint an External Examiner for a suite of undergraduate modules that are part of the BSc Professional Practice programme based within the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health. The appointment will be for 4 years from December 2016 to December 2020.
We view the role of External Examiner as central to our quality assurance and enhancement procedures. You will assist in assuring that the standards across modules are appropriate and comparable with similar awards at other UK institutions, and that all assessments are carried out fairly.
We are looking for an external examiner to be responsible for the following modules:
- Foundations in Contraception and Reproductive Health
- Practice of Contraception and Reproductive Health High Dependency Care in Neonatal Nursing
- Intensive Care of the Neonate
- Newborn Infant Physical examination
- Fundamental Issues in Safeguarding Children
- Assessing the Ill and Injured Child and Young Person
Applicants will ideally:
- have a professional background in Nursing or Midwifery
- be working at the level of Senior Lecturer (or equivalent) or above
- be working within a Higher Education Institution
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit a CV by email to Sarah Wixon, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 16th September 2016 or for further information about the role please contact Philip Scullion, email@example.com, 02477 655869.