The Faculty of Health Studies, School of Allied Health Professions and Midwifery, at the University of Bradford is seeking to appoint a new External Examiner to cover our BSc Physiotherapy. The programme currently aims to recruit 50-60 students annually.
The appointment is a four -year period commencing September 2020. All appointments are subject to approval by the University’s appointment committee. All applicants must be a HCPC Registered Physiotherapist.
An overview of your role and responsibilities includes:
- A sample range of assessed work at levels 4, 5 and 6 will be required to be reviewed and ratified.
- Opportunity to review practice will also be provided. Some teaching across all 3 years is shared with the Physiotherapy (integrated Masters) programme which has its own External Examiner.
- Confirming the comparability of standards of student performance at University of Bradford with those of similar modules at other UK Institutions of Higher Education; confirming that the assessment process in its entirety is sound, and has been fairly conducted with full regard to justice to students; reporting and advising on the above by means of approving coursework and examination papers and providing an annual report to the University.
- The appointee will be required to moderate a sample of work and you will also be required to produce an annual report and attend Boards of Examiners as appropriate.
- The University operates a two- tier examination board system comprising of Module Assessment Committees Boards of Examiners.
- All External Examiners are members of the Faculty’s Academic Committees and have the right to be present at all meetings.
- External Examiners with programme responsibilities are required to be present at the relevant meetings for the programmes s/he is responsible for.
You should not hold more than one other UK Higher Education External Examiner post at the start of the contract and be qualified to at least the level of the programme to be examined.
You should have appropriate expertise/experience in Physiotherapy practice and education to be able to undertake a role in the assurance of academic standards in Higher Education.
For further details please contact: Claire Graham, Physiotherapy Programme Lead, on 01274 236358, or via email, firstname.lastname@example.org A link to our course information can be found at: https://www.bradford.ac.uk/courses/ug/physiotherapy-bsc/