The School of Sport and Exercise and Rehabilitation at the University of Birmingham is seeking to appoint an external examiner for their BSc Physiotherapy (Hons) programme for 2016/2017 and welcomes interest from academic staff to support the work of the course team in delivering high quality student experience across learning and teaching. The School is keen to maintain and improve on its current CUG rank and recognises the need for quality assurance through this process.
This programme is offered alongside the MSc Physiotherapy (pre-registration) programme
The post holder will be required to:-
- Advise the programme on the content and standard of assessment
- Review and approve coursework assignments
- Complete external examination and moderation of non-clinical and clinical assessments
- Quality assure the standards of student performance
- Confirm the examination / assessment process is fair and just
- Attend the Board of Examiners and provide an annual report to the University of Birmingham
Applications are welcomed from all suitably qualified personnel with relevant educational and professional experience – this would include membership with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) UK.
The appointee will normally serve for a period of four years.
Interested applicants should either contact or send a CV to Clive Liles, Lecturer in Physiotherapy, and Interim Programme Director, firstname.lastname@example.org