We are seeking to appoint an External Examiner for an exciting new course being delivered at Aegean Omiros College, Athens, Greece in collaboration with and validated by the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health. Physiotherapy is a sought after and well respected profession in Greece currently being offered in four year programmes in Public institutions. Demand for physiotherapy is high. The new BSc physiotherapy course is being delivered in a 2 + 2 format: the first 2 years in Greek and the last 2 years in English. Therefore the successful applicant should have a background in physiotherapy and would need to be bilingual in Greek and English. The appointment will be from January 2018 – December 2022.
The role of External Examiner is central to our quality assurance and enhancement procedures. You will assist in assuring that the standards across modules are appropriate and comparable with similar awards at other UK institutions, and that all assessments are carried out fairly. We are looking for someone to be responsible for all modules on the course including, but not exclusive to:
- Applied anatomy and physiology
- Human movement analysis
- Communication and study skills
- Introduction to physiotherapy rehabilitation and assessment
- Physiotherapy assessment
- Physiotherapy Rehabilitation
- Physical activity and exercise in promoting health and wellbeing
- Physiotherapy rehabilitation methods
- Principles of neuromusculoskeletal physiotherapy
- Principles of cardiovascular and respiratory physiotherapy
- Principles of neurological physiotherapy
- Research methods for physiotherapy
- Practice placements
Applicants will be bilingual (Greek/English); have a professional background in physiotherapy; be working at the level of Senior Lecturer in HE; ideally have experience as an External Examiner.
If you would like further information or to be considered for this role, please submit a CV by email to Dr Joanne Opie.