We are seeking to appoint an External Examiner for the BSc/PG Dip Specialist Community Public Health Nursing and Return to Health Visiting programmes. These are based within the School of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Health, Education and Life Sciences. The position requires the External Examiner to have a current registration with the NMC and evidence of registration and revalidation will be checked on recruitment.
The appointment will commence October 2018; the tenure of appointment if for four years. All External Examiner appointments are subject to approval by the University Academic Board.
- Comment on the content of the subject area particularly with regard to subject benchmarks
- Examine assessment briefs, exam papers and student work to ensure academic standards and achievements of students are comparable with those in other UK higher education establishments of which the external examiner has experience
- Provide informative comment and recommendations on whether the assessment process measures student achievement rigorously and fairly against the intended outcomes of the programmes and is conducted in line with the relevant policies and regulations
- Attend examination boards and submit an annual report
- Engage in communication with the academic and programme team
Please note that External Examiners are required to engage with assessment of both theory and practice elements of the programme, where relevant. Ideally, External Examiners will be able to examine across both the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. Previous experience as an External Examiner is not necessary as the University is able to provide mentorship to the successful applicant.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply
For further information about the role, please contact Karen Walker, Programme Leader, 0121 331 6040, email@example.com