The Paramedicine team at De Montfort University (DMU) is seeking an external examiner for the BSc Hons Paramedicine and DipHE Associate Ambulance Practitioner programmes. The BSc programme is in its second year of a three-year programme and currently has approximately 80 students across the two year groups. The successful candidate will be replacing an outgoing external examiner who will be in post until January 2021.
We welcome applicants who are registered as a Paramedic with the Health and Care Professions Council and have the additional following criteria:
- Applicants should be currently employed in a higher education institution
- Applicants must not have been a DMU examiner within the last five years
- Applicants will be considered if this is their first appointment as an external examiner, although previous external examining experience would be preferable
DMU uses Blackboard and Turnitin for electronic submission of summative assessments. The external examiner would be expected to participate in the following:
- External examination of varied assessment types across all of the modules on both programmes. Assessment examples include clinical portfolios, examinations, OSCEs, and presentations
- Advising on proposed programme and module modifications
- Appointees are responsible for overseeing a number of modules associated with the programme, and are required to moderate a sample of scripts relating to each module and report on these to the module leader
- Regular attendance at Assessment Boards and the provision of an annual report to the University would also be expected
The appointment will commence from January 2021 for a period of four years.
All appointments are subject to approval by the University. For further information on the appointment please email:
- Mr Dan Staines, Programme Lead, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to be considered for the appointment, expression of interest and CV to email@example.com
Further information may be found on the DMU website at https://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/courses/undergraduate-courses/paramedicine-bsc-hons/paramedicine-bsc-hons.aspx and https://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/courses/undergraduate-courses/associate-ambulance-practice-fdsc/associate-ambulance-practice-diphe.aspx