The University of Central Lancashire is seeking to appoint an experienced and suitably qualified academic to act as External Examiner for a Subject and Award External Examiner for the BSc Nursing Top Up programme and BSc in Professional Practice.
The BSc Nursing top up programme for registered nurses both in the United Kingdom and Internationally are for those wishing to gain a degree and extend their knowledge base.
The position does require the external examiner to have current registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council as a Nurse. The applicant must have had no formal links with the University of Central Lancashire in the last five years, must hold a professional qualification, along with appropriate academic examining experience.
The appointment will be for 4 years and the commitment required is as follows:
- To review a range of coursework throughout the year
- To attend a Subject Assessment panel and Award Assessment Board
- To submit annual external examiner reports
- To engage in communication with the programme team
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment.
Further programme information enquiries and application via Curriculum Vitae to:
- Susan Anderson, SAnderson3@uclan.ac.uk, BSc Nursing top up degree Course Leader, Brook Building, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, Lancashire PR1 2HE
- or Lizi Hickson, email@example.com, BSc In Professional Practice Course Leader
For further information or an informal discussion about the post, please contact Susan Anderson or Lizi Hickson.