We are seeking to appoint an External Examiner for the BSc (Hons) Podiatry programme. The podiatry programme at the University of Southampton provides a high quality undergraduate experience for students, leading to professional registration with the Health and Care Professions Council.
The podiatry programme aims to:
- Provide students with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to equip them for a career in podiatry.
- Develop competence in applying professional skills to the practice of podiatry.
- Develop key, transferable skills for general use in graduate employment so that students become
competent in both autonomous practice and in team working.
- Develop critical and analytical competence so that students become users and/or creators of research
evidence in their professional practice.
- Provide opportunities for students to learn with and from other healthcare professionals so that they
develop competence in inter-professional practice.
- Provide students with the capacity for life-long learning
Students on the programme have access to first class learning facilities and quality time with internationally recognised experts in podiatry.
The post available will be effective with immediate effect.
Applicants should hold appropriate academic qualifications; preferably have previous experience of acting in the role as an External Examiner and have a registered qualification in non-medical prescribing.
Examination Boards take place once each term. For further information please contact Programme Manager Mark Cole on email@example.com
If you are interested in applying, please forward your Curriculum Vitae and your area of interest/expertise by e-mail to Leo Baines-Jump, L.Baines-Jump@soton.ac.uk, outlining your teaching, research and External Examining Experience.