The College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare is seeking to appoint an external examiner for a number of post-qualifying modules at both level 6 and level 7.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. The appointment will be with effect from the autumn of 2015 and tenure will normally be for a period of four years.
There would normally be approximately 80 students studying these modules (numbers are subject to variation across the academic years). The assessment boards are all held at our Paragon campus, in Brentford.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- Have current registration with the NMC
- Be employed in Higher Education
- Moderate samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising module assessment boards on the content and standard of assessments.
- Attend a minimum of 2 assessment boards a year.
- Review new modules in preparation for validation events.
- Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
- Submit an annual report to the University Quality Boards.
If you have not been an external examiner before, a mentor would be appointed to you. You would be part of a team of external examiners for the post-qualifying nursing courses at the University. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. If you are interested in the above post please send your expressions of interest, together with a full CV, in the first instance to:
Senior Lecturer, Academic Quality Lead
College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare
University of West London
0208 209 4118