The Faculty of Health, School of Nursing and Allied Health at Liverpool John Moores University requires an External Examiner for the following programme.
- BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science
- DHE Paramedic Studies
This is an excellent opportunity to join our paramedic team and support our programmes as an external examiner.
The BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science started in September 2018 and enjoys excellent recruitment numbers, gradually replacing our successful diploma programme.
The DHE Paramedic Studies has been our approved since 2010. The programme will end in January 2021 and therefore this aspect of the workload will end once students have completed.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- HCPC registered Paramedic
- Be employed in Higher Education
- Have previous External Examiner experience
- Moderate samples of essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising the programme teams on the content and standard of assessments
- Submit module reports and a yearly programme report
- Liaise with other external examiners at LJMU
- Attend the Board of Examiners as required
- Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. The external examiner post will take effect immediately and tenure will normally be for a period of four years. Applicants should have previous experience of being an external examiner, and hold current registration with the HCPC.
If you are interested in this post please send your expression of interest, together with your current CV to John Ambrose, Programme Manager email@example.com