The School of Allied Health and Community at the University of Worcester is seeking an experienced External Examiner for our BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science degree. This is a full time 3-year undergraduate programme which, on successful completion, leads to eligibility to register with the Health and Care Professions Council.
This programme is currently being re-approved and so this will be an exciting opportunity to be involved in the newly approved programme. The successful applicant will be responsible for reviewing modules delivered at levels 4, 5 and 6. The modules are as follows:
BSPS1101 Biosciences & pathophysiology (Across semesters)
BSPS1102 Professionalism (Semester 1)
BSPS1103 Patient assessment (Semester 2)
BSPS1104 Skills & simulation (Across semesters)
BSPS1105 Skills & simulation (Semester 1)
BSPS1106 Practice (Semester 2)
BSPS2101 Biosciences & pathophysiology (Across semesters)
BSPS2102 Patient intervention (Semester 1)
BSPS2103 Research methods (Semester 2)
BSPS2104 Skills & simulation (Across semesters)
BSPS2105 Practice (Semester 1)
BSPS2106 Practice (Semester 2)
BSPS3101 Leadership (Semester 1)
BSPS3102 Reasoning (Semester 2)
BSPS3103 Dissertation (Across semesters)
BSPS3104 Skills & simulation (Across semesters)
BSPS3105 Practice (Semester 1)
BSPS3106 Practice (Semester 2)
External Examiners play a central role in the maintenance of the standards of the University’s awards and the currency of the curriculum. They perform this role through:
- the approval of assessment tasks and examination papers
- discussions with relevant academic staff
- the review of samples of student work on modules within the programmes
- the endorsement of marks to confirm that the marks are an agreed, fully moderated, and externally examined set of results.
- the submission of annual reports
- attendance at appropriate boards of examiners
- agreement to programme modifications
The University of Worcester offers support for external examiners and a full induction day. Further support is also provided by the Course Leads and module team.
The appointment will be from September 2021 to December 2025. The successful candidate will be invited to an External Examiner induction day in January 2022.
Ideal applicants should possess the following:
- Current registration with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a Paramedic
- A recordable teaching qualification
- Experience of teaching in Higher Education
- Relevant experience to maintain comparable quality standards.
Applications for the post should be made by a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and appropriate covering letter and sent to the Course Leader Paula Gardner email@example.com