We are seeking a Subject External Examiner for the BSc (Hons) Paramedic Practitioner Programme at Plymouth University. This programme is located within the School of Health Professions, Faculty of Health and Human Sciences, offering a unique, inter-disciplinary environment, covering 7 allied health professions. This is reflected in a number of inter-professional modules that form the full time, 3-year undergraduate programme, leading to eligibility to register with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). As such, we are looking for a HCPC registered Paramedic Academic with relevant external examining experience to join our team.
The appointment will be for 4 years and the commitment required is as follows:
- Currently one assessment panel a year (usually July) and the submission of an annual external examiner report
- To review a range of coursework throughout the year
- To attend one assessment event per year if appropriate (for example, OSCE or oral presentation)
- To engage in communication with the programme team
- To carry out at least one interim engagement per year (which may take the form of a ‘virtual’ visit by video conference/Skype in recognition of the logistical difficulties presented by Plymouth’s geographical location), and at least one face to face visit during the term of office to obtain feedback from staff and to strengthen their engagement with the ongoing teaching and learning process
If you would like to be considered for this, please submit a CV by email to Emily Young – Emily.email@example.com by Tuesday 4th July 2017 or for further information email Kirstie Brown –Kirstie.firstname.lastname@example.org