The University of Derby Online Learning (UDOL) is looking for an external examiner for the BSc (Hons) Nursing Studies top up degree programme. We welcome applications from nurse academics registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council and familiar with higher education in the UK. Applications from new and experienced external examiners are welcomed. The successful applicant will replace one of two external examiners currently in post who will be completing their term of office in January 2021. The post will commence from January 2021 for a period of four years, with the University of Derby providing support for new and existing external examiners https://www.derby.ac.uk/services/quality/external-examiners/
The undergraduate nursing studies programme has approximately 500 students from over 50 countries studying part-time online and is designed for Registered Nurses with the NMC, or the regulator in their domicile, to achieve a level 6 academic award. The University uses Blackboard with Turnitin for the electronic submission of summative assessments with UDOL operating on a trimester system (September, January, and May intakes) and as an external examiner your duties would include:
- External moderation of a range of assessments on the following nine modules – Advanced Concepts in Palliative Care; Diabetes; Educating in Health & Social Care; Ethical and Legal Issues;
- Evidence Based Practice; Infection Prevention & Control; Leadership & Management; Minor Injuries and Negotiated Module.
- Submission of an Annual Report.
- Attendance at Assessment Boards.
- Advising on any proposed module modifications / new modules
Applicants ideally should have experience in some of the module’s, either as a practitioner and/or academic.
Please send informal enquiries and expressions of interest together with a current CV to Dr. Alan R. Williams, Academic Leader – Nursing and Perioperative Practice (firstname.lastname@example.org).