The Department of Nursing, Midwifery and Health is looking to appoint an External Examiner for our pre-registration Adult Nursing Programmes: BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult) and MNurse (adult). The appointed external examiner will be one of three external examiners and will have responsibility for an identified number of modules within the programmes. The appointed external examiner will have opportunities to meet with the other Adult external examiners and external examiners in other nursing fields. Applicants should be a registered Adult Nurse and possess relevant academic qualifications. It is preferable to have previous experience of external examining although support and guidance will be provided for those new to this role.
BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult) – existing programme (academic level 5 & 6):
Currently being delivered to 2 March intakes (March 2016 and March 2017) and 1 September intake (September 2016).
Approximately 170 adult students per intake.
MNurse (Adult) –post-graduate diploma nursing programme (academic level 6 & 7)
- 1 intake per year March (last intake March 2018);
- Post-graduate programme for graduates who hold a degree 2:2 or above;
- Approximately 30 adult students.
BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult) – revalidated programme from September 2017 (academic level 4, 5, & 6):
1 intake per year September;
- Approximately 320 students.
Qualifications and Experience:
- competence and experience in the fields covered by the programme/module/subject to be examined.
- relevant academic and/or professional qualifications (NMC: Part1 Adult Nurse) to at least the level of the qualification being externally examined,
- sufficient standing, credibility and breadth of experience within the subject to be able to command the respect of academic peers
- familiarity with the standard expected of students to achieve the award that is to be examined.
The appointment will be effective from 1st August 2018.