The University is seeking to appoint an external examiner for its Bachelor of Nursing (Hons) Programme. An external examiner is therefore required for the Mental Health field, level 6 of the programme.
Applications are sought for an examiner that has demonstrable experience of teaching and assessing in the following areas:
- Clinical Judgement and Decision Making
- Managing Complex Care
- Medicines Management
- Leadership and Management
External examiners for the BNurs (Hons) programme would be expected to visit at least one practice learning environment per year in addition to attendance at Examination Boards. The role will work across the Mental Health, Child and Adult Fields.
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process and user guides and support will be available. The University appointments for external examiners are normally for a period of 4 years.
- Master’s Degree
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years
- Current registration with the NMC (Mental Health) including a recordable teaching qualification
- Research and publications in related area
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s External Examiners Guidance.
Interested candidates should detail their experience in teaching and assessing in the required subjects.
Expressions of interest, by CV from suitably qualified and experienced colleagues should be sent by the 20th October 2017 to Katie.Gray@manchester.ac.uk