We are seeking to appoint a Subject External Examiner for BSc (Hons) Nursing. This course is based within the School of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Health, Education and Life Sciences. The position does require the external examiner to have a current children’s nursing registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council.
The appointment will commence from September 2019 and the tenure of appointment is for a period of four years. All External Examiner appointments are subject to approval by the University Academic Board.
- Comment on the content of the subject area particularly with regard to relevant benchmarks
- Examine assessment briefs, exam papers and student work to ensure academic standards and achievements of students are comparable with those in other UK higher education establishments of which the external examiner has experience
- Provide informative comment and recommendations on whether the assessment process measures student achievement rigorously and fairly against the intended outcomes of the programme and is conducted in line with the relevant policies and regulations
- Attend examination board/s and submit an annual report
- Engage in communication with the academic and course team
We are looking for External Examiners to cover the following course/modules:
The BSc (Hons) Nursing course:
- NUR4025 Child NP1
- NUR5068 Child NP2
These are level 4 & 5 modules
If you would like to be considered for this role, please do apply here or for further information about the role please either telephone or email Robert Mapp, Course Leader, 0121 331 6017, firstname.lastname@example.org or Clare Knowles, Deputy Course Leader for Child Nursing, 0121 331 – 6170, email@example.com
Our standard fee for External Examiners is £450 per academic year. Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.