The School of Nursing, Faculty of Health and Wellbeing, CCCU, is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for our undergraduate pre-registration BSc (Hons) Nursing (Child), which has recently been reapproved and is due to commence September 2017, & our currently running pathway within the BSc (Hons) Interprofessional Learning Programme – Nursing (Child). The appointed EE will have sole responsibility for the Child Nursing programmes but will have opportunities to meet with External Examiners from the other fields of practice within the Faculty.
BSc (Hons) Interprofessional Learning Programme – Nursing (Child)
- 2 intakes per year in April (Medway campus) and September (Canterbury campus)
- Approximately 22 students per intake.
- The pathway consists of 4 field specific modules per year and 2 core modules.
BSc (Hons) Nursing (Child) – September 2017
- 1 intake in September between the 2 campuses
- Up to 55 students per intake.
- There are currently 2 main Exam Boards per year which is expected to continue
Qualifications & Experience
- You will hold a Higher degree and have current registration with NMC – sub-part1 of the Register as a Children’s Nurse
- You will be able to demonstrate an academic career in the field of Children and Young People’s nursing which involves experience as a subject or programme manager (e.g. Head of Department, Programme Director, Professional Lead) and have a research record.
- Experience of external examining is desirable
The appointment will be effective from 1st September 2017
For informal enquiries, please contact Stella Lovell, current Pathway Director and Programme Director for 2017 curriculum –
email@example.com, 01634 984442
A formal expression of interest letter and accompanying CV should be sent to Fiona McArthur-Rouse, Head of School of Nursing at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to CCCU, North Holmes Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 1QU.