The School of Nursing, Faculty of Health and Wellbeing, is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for our undergraduate pre-registration BSc (Hons) Nursing (Child), which is subject to Reapproval and due to commence Sep 2017 & our currently running pathway within the BSc (Hons) Interprofessional Learning Programme – Nursing (Child). The appointed EE will have sole responsibility of supporting the Child Nursing lecturing team but will have opportunity to meet with External Examiners for the other fields of practice within the Faculty.
Information regarding the programme
BSc (Hons) Interprofessional Learning Programme – Nursing (Child)
- 2 intakes per year in April (Medway campus) and September (Canterbury campus)
- Approximately 22 students per intake.
- Modules – The pathway consists of 4 field specific modules per year and 2 core modules.
BSc (Hons) Nursing (Child) – September 2017
- 1 intake in September between the 2 campuses
- Up to 55 students per intake.
- There are currently 2 main Exam Boards per year and this is expected to continue.
- You will hold a Higher degree and have current registration with NMC – sub-part1 of the Register as a Children’s Nurse
- You will be able to demonstrate an academic career in the field of Children and Young People’s nursing which involves
- experience as a subject or programme manager (e.g. Head of Department, Programme Director, Professional Lead) and have a significant research record of national standing
- Experience of external examining is desirable
The appointment will be effective from 1st Sep 2017
For informal enquiries, contact Stella Lovell, current Pathway Director and Programme Director for 2017 curriculum, email@example.com, 01634984442
A formal expression of interest letter and accompanying CV to be sent to Fiona McArthur-Rouse, Head of School of Nursing at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to CCCU, North Holmes Road, Canterbury CT1 1QU