The Department of Nursing, Midwifery and Health, at Northumbria University, is looking to appoint and External Examiner for our pre-registration Adult Nursing Programmes: BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult) and MNurse (adult). The appointed external examiner will be one of three external examiners and will have responsibility for an identified number of modules within the programmes. The appointed external examiner will have opportunities to meet with the other Adult external examiners and external examiners in other fields.
BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult) – existing programme
- 2 intakes per year March and September. Last intake March 2017;
- Approximately 170 students per intake
MNurse (Adult) – existing post-graduate nursing programme
- 1 intake per year March.
- Post-graduate programme for graduates who hold a degree 2:2 or above
- Approximately 30 students
BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult) – to start September 2017
- 1 intake per year September
- Approximately 300 students
Qualifications and Experience
- You will hold a Higher degree and have current registration with NMC – to include part1 of the Register Adult Nurse
- You will be able to demonstrate an academic career in the field of Adult Nursing
- Experience of external examining is desirable
Enquiries and CV to Dr Sarah Annesley, Senior Lecturer – Adult Nursing, at email@example.com or by post to Department of Nursing, Midwifery and Health, Coach Lane Campus, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE7 7XA