We are looking for a dedicated individual to undertake the role of external examiner for our BSc (Hons) Nursing programme Adult field at Sheffield Hallam University.
Your role & responsibilities would include:
- confirming the comparability of standards of student performance at Sheffield Hallam University with those of similar modules at other UK Institutions of Higher Education;
- confirming that the assessment process in its entirety is sound, and has been fairly conducted with full regard to justice to students;
- Reporting and advising on the above by means of approving coursework and examination papers and providing an annual report to the University.
You should have appropriate expertise and experience to be able to undertake a role in the assurance of academic standards in Higher Education.
All External Examiners for programmes leading to registration or recordable qualifications with the Nursing and Midwifery Council will be expected to maintain their registration to the NMC professional register for the duration of their External Examiner contract.
The appointees will be required to moderate a sample of scripts in relation to selected modules within the above programmes. You will also be required to produce an annual report and attend Assessment Boards as appropriate.
You will also be required to attend a one day University External Examiners Induction session,
Please send expressions of interest and an accompanying CV to Gary Souter at Sheffield Hallam University
Your CV should contain the following information:
- Current/Recent employment history
- HE/Professional Qualifications
- Current/Previous external examiner engagements
- Experience of course/module leader roles
- Teaching, Research and related Scholarly/ Professional Activity/ Consultancy
All appointments are subject to verification of eligibility to work in the UK, as per UK Visas and Immigration requirements.